Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 EAD (A18) - Standalone - Processing times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD (A18) - Standalone - Processing times?

Hi,

New L2 EAD ( A 18 ) has been filed with receipt date - Apr 06th 2021.
    Are there delays even for new L2 EAD applications or is it only with I-765 coupled with I-539 extension requests? Can anyone please share information on whether new L2 EADs getting approved within 6 to 7 months timeframe?

Regards
    Vicky

I know that USCIS is having huge amount of backlog cases for L1 who is applying for extension in USA as well as L2. L2 I-765 can't be approved earlier then L1 I-539 and also no premium processing for a spouse of L1. For reference I've applied for EAD in November 2020 ( receipt date in November) processing center is California still no EAD

Comment

In theory, standalone L2 EADs (without I-539) should get processed faster. My initial EAD and first renewal were with Vermont, and they were processed according to the lower bracket of the official processing times at the time of filing +2 to 4 weeks. Keep in mind that the bracket is now skewed because of the backlogged I-539s, so hopefully standalone should be faster.
      Try and browse multiple forums, many people share their experiences (though mostly negative, as many start sharing when the wait gets to them, so don't get de-motivated too fast!)
      Good luck and a lot of patience - you'll need that with USCIS.
      I'm an L2 non-immigrant. My most recent I-539 and I-765 were submitted mid-Oct 2020, Texas SC and approved early August 2021.
      Make sure to sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. USPS sent back my first EAD and it took 5 months to get it re-mailed in 2018-19.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina1808 View Post
        In theory, standalone L2 EADs (without I-539) should get processed faster. My initial EAD and first renewal were with Vermont, and they were processed according to the lower bracket of the official processing times at the time of filing +2 to 4 weeks. Keep in mind that the bracket is now skewed because of the backlogged I-539s, so hopefully standalone should be faster.
        Try and browse multiple forums, many people share their experiences (though mostly negative, as many start sharing when the wait gets to them, so don't get de-motivated too fast!)
        Good luck and a lot of patience - you'll need that with USCIS.
        Thanks ! May I know when you filed your initial EAD and how long it took?

Comment

Originally posted by vgangad View Post

Thanks ! May I know when you filed your initial EAD and how long it took?
          Initial EAD: filed late August 2018, approved mid-November 2018. The processing times were faster back then.
          First renewal filed late May 2020, received late Sept 2020.
          I'm an L2 non-immigrant. My most recent I-539 and I-765 were submitted mid-Oct 2020, Texas SC and approved early August 2021.
          Make sure to sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. USPS sent back my first EAD and it took 5 months to get it re-mailed in 2018-19.

Comment

Hi @vgangad Did you get any update on your L2-EAD case? I applied in July end

Comment

Originally posted by souvikc View Post
              Hi @vgangad Did you get any update on your L2-EAD case? I applied in July end
              Nope, not yet. Still waiting .. :-)

Comment

Did you hear anything from any other forums? My case is also fresh L2 EAD and my wife has L2 visa for next 3 years.

Comment

Hi Guys, did you hear back anything on your Ead? I filed in April but hvnt heard anything yet

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X