Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A PED expired

Hello,

I have had an L1 visa for a few years now and the visa stamp has an expiry date in 2023 with a PED date that has expired already. I noticed this and I worked with my lawyer to extend it while in the US and I already have the notice of action i797 to prove the extension was approved until 2023.

For some pressing reasons I had to visit my family, so right now I'm in my home country, I have filed a DS160 in order to renew the stamp on the visa with the new PED expiry date as recommended by my lawyer, but unfortunately the embassy is not offering any appointments for the time being due to Covid.

My question is, do I really need a new stamp? the Visa expires in 2023 and I have the original i797 to prove that my petition got extended. Aren't these 2 documents sufficient to grant me reentry?

If you already have a valid visa & you haven't changed your job (I assume so), then you really do not need a new visa.

Your existing valid visa will work with your extension approval notice.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X