No announcement yet.

L2 visa holders no longer require EAD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa holders no longer require EAD ?

Hi,

I have been reading news about no requirement of EAD for L2 visa holders. Just wanted to know if it is applicable for fresh L2 visa too or only applicable for extension ? And, when it is coming into effect ?

Thanks.​​​

- I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14. I think below is applicable to L2 spouse. Hope my understanding is correct.

"Provides that E and L dependent spouses are employment authorized incident to their status
      and therefore they are no longer required to request employment authorization by filing Form
      I-765 but may continue to file Form I-765 if they choose to receive an EAD.4
      4 Note, however, that until such time as USCIS can implement changes to the I-94 to distinguish E and L spouses from
      E and L children, E and L spouses would still need to rely upon an EAD as evidence of employment authorization to
      present to employers for completion of Form I-9. Until the notation on Form I-94 issued to E and L dependent
      nonimmigrants is revised, Form I-94 solely indicating E or L nonimmigrant status is insufficient evidence of
      employment authorization under List C of Form I-9."

Comment

Is there any timeline from DHS to implement changes to the I-94?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X