Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension

Hi,
    My L1B blanket visa expires in November 2022. I came back to India in March 2021 and currently in India. Not sure if I will go to US before expiry.
    So my question here is whether I can file extension staying in India? In present situation how many months before I should file for extension and what all needed?
    Will there be a question on why I stayed only 1 year in US and returned? Will it impact my extension? What are the chances of rejection?
    Is it better to go back US and file from there?
    Last edited by adityasarvan; 11-15-2021, 07:31 AM.

Originally posted by adityasarvan View Post
    Whether I can file extension staying in India?
    Yes.
    In present situation how many months before I should file for extension and what all needed?
    You can only file extension before 6 months from expiry of your current petition. Not before that.
    Will there be a question on why I stayed only 1 year in US and returned?
    May be, but it really doesn't matter much, as long as you are still with the same employer & maintaining the employment
    Will it impact my extension?
    No​​​​​​​
    What are the chances of rejection?
    ​​​​​​​L1B extension are pretty tricky. Apart of proving that you have specialized skill (L1b), you need to prove that you are not yet done with the business & why you need extension.
    Is it better to go back US and file from there?
    Certainly, as it gives you time to continue working while your extension is pending. If your current petition is expired, then you won't be able to travel until your extension is approved. Ofcourse you still need a valid visa in stamped your passport to be able to return.

On another note, since you were already out of USA for more than an year, why don't you start a fresh petition? It will give you full 5 years (3+2) of stay in USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I only spent one year and still have 4 more years so it won't be possible for fresh petition from.my company.
      I am seeing some posts saying we need to be in USA before Visa expires for L1B case

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X