Clarification On L1 Visa - Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification On L1 Visa - Urgent

Do I have to travel to the US within a certain time after getting he L1 stamp on my Passport.

My L1 Visa will be expried on Dec 31 2010. I didn't travel to US once.

So, Is there is any time frame like before three months need to travel to us from date of expiry?

Thanks in advance
    Siva B

You can travel as long as the visa is valid and job is still available. However, you might most likely get the I-94 only till the visa expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Clarification On L1 Visa - Urgent

Thanks for your information.

After expiry date i need renewal .So Whether i need to come to india for renewal else will stay in US during renewal period?

How long i will stay in US during renewal period?

Thanks
      Siva B

Comment

Your company can apply your extension of status when you are in U.S. It takes 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium. You can stay and work in U.S when your extension is in process. Extension should be filed before I-94 expires. If your extension is still in progress after your I-94 expired and if the extension is approved later, then you are good. In case, the approval is denied, then your stay past the I-94 expiry date will be considered illegal stay. So it is advisable to file the extension at least 3-4 months in advance.

Originally posted by Shiva_Kumar View Post
        Thanks for your information.

After expiry date i need renewal .So Whether i need to come to india for renewal else will stay in US during renewal period?

How long i will stay in US during renewal period?

Thanks
        Siva B
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X