Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 question for L2 dependent

Hi,

I am working in USA with L1B visa and my wife already has L2. We want to apply for L2 dependent for our newborn kid since she is born in India.

On the DS-160 form there is a question "are you the principal applicant". Do i need to say yes, or no. since I am in US i cant go to the consulate and my wife will take new born to the consulate.

Also If I select yes for principal applicationt then I dont see relevant reason for purpose of travel for the new born.

Please help me to complete the form correctly.

Thanks & Regards
    Sabari

I am working in USA with L1B visa and my wife already has L2. We want to apply for L2 dependent for our newborn kid since she is born in India.

On the DS-160 form there is a question "are you the principal applicant". Do i need to say yes, or no. since I am in US i cant go to the consulate and my wife will take new born to the consulate.

---- YES, being on H1 you will be the proincipal applicant for all H4 visas in your family (including your wife and children)

Also If I select yes for principal applicationt then I dont see relevant reason for purpose of travel for the new born.

---- If your wife is attending the visa interview of your child's H4 then you do not have to attend the interview. Ensure that your wife has all the relevant documents with her while attending the interview

Subramanya

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I also have a question about the payer details. My company is paying for my daughter's trip. So I need to select Company / Organization and in "Relationships to you" question, the answer should be Employer? or Other?.

Since this application is for new born, it is little confusing for this option. please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
      Sabari

Comment

Hi,

This I am posting for your ealier question.

In the application DS-160 - it is asked "Are you the principal applicant" for your kid H4 DS-160 application.So as per me this question is asked for your kid and not for you.
        So it should be "NO" - as for H4 Visa application - they are not the principal applicants.

I may be wrong because I haven;t seen the new application so far.

Thanks and Regards,
        Abhay

Comment

Hi,

I understood the same way you described from subramanya as well. meaning NO to that question and fill in my Petition details on additional drop downs. Thanks for more clarification.

It will also be helpful to know about the payer details.

Thanks & Regards,
          Sabari

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X