Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension of L1B

Hi,
    I had my first L1B from Chennai , it was valid from 2016-May to 2019-May.
    once it got expired i went to Mexico to renew my VISA and i got fresh L1B from 2019-May to 2024-April. However my I129S was given for 3yrs i.e. from 2019-May to 2022-Apr.
    So far i spent in USA around 3yrs on both my L1B VISAs starting from 2019-2022. (I had couple of India trips).
    Now when i entered USA on 8th Feb 2022 i got the I94 up to April-2024.
    Now i understood from my org that i can stay in USA and work up to April-2024.
    however i cannot go to INDIA, if i go i need to go for I129S extension if i want to come back to USA.

Now i want to understand the options that i have
    - Can my org apply GC when i am on L1B, and how much time it may take to approve I140. If i get I140 approved can i stay in USA for another 5yrs or so without going for H1B ?
    - What are the chances that i will get my I129 extended ? Do you think it may get denied also?
    - My wife (i got married recently) is in india and i am looking for VISA appointment for her in April/May, if she go to L2 slot and if she carry my expired I129S will that be a problem and do we think the VISA for her straight way be rejected? Or since i have I94 till April-2024 can she have chances?
    - What are the other options that i have to stay in USA for another couple of years? Yes, i am asking to file a H1B as well but are there any other options to extend the I129S so that i can travel to INDIA without any isssues and come back.?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X