L1 blanket visa appointment in Toronto or Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 blanket visa appointment in Toronto or Canada

Hi - I am currently in Canada on a work permit and prior to this was on a H1B visa in the US. Completed 1.5 years in Canada and planning to go back to the US with the same company. Can I avail of a L1 blanket visa application and interview in Canada? Also not sure if dropbox or interview waiver is also available in this case.

Any guidance or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Originally posted by sandy45 View Post
    Can I avail of a L1 blanket visa application and interview in Canada?
    Yes.
    Originally posted by sandy45 View Post
    Also not sure if dropbox or interview waiver is also available in this case.
    I doubt you can go with dropbox, since this will be your first time for L1 visa & the recent new rule will help you get interview waived.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14! Could you please share more light on the new rule with regards to the interview waiver? Also any information on the processing times

Comment

The new (temporary) rule says you can go with dropbox if you have any valid non-immigrant visa & applying for a new one. Like if you have B1, you can opt for dropbox for your new L1 as well (not sure about Blanket though).
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Makes sense - thanks again! Sounds like a viable option then.
          Btw when we say dropbox I am assuming you are no longer blocked on securing an appointment with the consulate - is that correct?

Comment

Hi Libra_14,

I have a similar situation like Sandy45. I will be moving back to US on L1A some time in October 2022. I have a valid H1B visa expiring Mar 2023. Is the interview waiver decided on a case to case basis or applicable to everyone?

I believe this new rule is in effect until the end of the 2022. Is that correct?
            Thanks in advance for you reply / guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaTemp View Post
              I have a similar situation like Sandy45. I will be moving back to US on L1A some time in October 2022. I have a valid H1B visa expiring Mar 2023. Is the interview waiver decided on a case to case basis or applicable to everyone?
              Its applicable to everyone who fits in the criteria - specially NO visa (any) rejection. My L1 Blanket was once rejected before 10 years, so I was not eligible, even though I had valid B1 visa.

I believe this new rule is in effect until the end of the 2022. Is that correct?
              Not sure about end date. This rule is to clear the backlog, as soon as the backlog is clear, they may return back to the normal process.

Comment

Thanks for the response much appreciated.

No visa rejection - is this a question that needs to be self responded to during interview scheduling, much like you answer a series of questions for drop box eligibility? I guess what I am trying to get at is - is this a system check or based on your response to a question "Have you ever had a U.S visa rejection?"

The reason for asking - I had applied for L1 individual back in 2014. Had travelled to Chennai for the same, after the interview the counselor returned my passport, assume that is considered rejection? Or is it a refusal? is there any difference between the two.

Post that I had an H1B issued (2015) and travelled to US in 2016. I have subsequently answered the question "Have you ever been refused a U.S Visa, or refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry ?" as No on my DS-160 for H1 B renewal stamping. Should I have responded Yes to the above question? .
                Last edited by CanadaTemp; 04-19-2022, 07:06 PM.

Comment

No visa rejection - is this a question that needs to be self responded to during interview scheduling, much like you answer a series of questions for drop box eligibility? I guess what I am trying to get at is - is this a system check or based on your response to a question "Have you ever had a U.S visa rejection?"
                  Yes, when you try to schedule interview it will ask these question to identify if you are eligible for dropbox. Its a system check.
                  The reason for asking - I had applied for L1 individual back in 2014. Had travelled to Chennai for the same, after the interview the counselor returned my passport, assume that is considered rejection? Or is it a refusal? is there any difference between the two.
                  Not exactly sure what you mean with rejection vs refusal. In this scenario, I won't answer "No" for "US visa rejection" question.
                  Post that I had an H1B issued (2015) and travelled to US in 2016. I have subsequently answered the question "Have you ever been refused a U.S Visa, or refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry ?" as No on my DS-160 for H1 B renewal stamping. Should I have responded Yes to the above question? .
                  I guess you should have answered "Yes" for your L1 visa experience.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14 really appreciate the prompt help.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14 really appreciate the prompt help.
                      All the best, please share back your experience.

Comment

Libra_14 - L1 Blanket is also applicable for dropbox? Suppose some1 had Blanket L1B, will they get Blanket L1A using dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by ratedguy View Post
                          Libra_14 - L1 Blanket is also applicable for dropbox? Suppose some1 had Blanket L1B, will they get Blanket L1A using dropbox?
                          I mentioned above, I am not sure about Blanket visa stamping through Dropbox.

Technically it doesn't seems possible, considering no one is verifying your petition/profile in case of blanket - only the VO at the time of interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X