Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuse existing appointment

Hi,

i’m in a very unique situation. My husband is currently in the US. He is on L1. His visa expiring in Mar 2022. So his company has applied for extension. But i had filled ds160 based on his previous petition and has taken appointment in April 2022. My question is since there’s a new petition for his extension, do i need to fill new ds160 and take new appointment or can i fill new ds160 and use the existing appointment? Please help.

Originally posted by Suhikumar View Post
    Hi,

i’m in a very unique situation. My husband is currently in the US. He is on L1. His visa expiring in Mar 2022. So his company has applied for extension. But i had filled ds160 based on his previous petition and has taken appointment in April 2022. My question is since there’s a new petition for his extension, do i need to fill new ds160 and take new appointment or can i fill new ds160 and use the existing appointment? Please help.
    You should be able to update your DS160 with the new petition number (if not submitted - usually people do not submit DS160 until 2-3 days before the appointment).
    You can file a new DS160 & request to update your appointment to use the new DS160.
    You can take copies of both old & new petition to your interview & request visa officer to consider new petition (I don't think any one taken that risk so far).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X