DIFFERENCE IN EXPIRY OF I-797B & PEB ON VISA STAMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIFFERENCE IN EXPIRY OF I-797B & PEB ON VISA STAMP

I received my approval notice for my L-1A class VISA from USCIS valid from 28-APR- 2020 TO 27-APR-2022. Covid-19 pandemic situation, specifically prevented me from obtaining consular appointment for VISA stamping, resulted in delays leading to most of my L-1A validity period getting used up outside the US. Finally, I got the dropbox appointment on 16-FEB-2022 and received my VISA stamp valid from 25-FEB-2022 TO 22-APR-2023. This VISA stamp also mentions PED-22APR2023.

Now my question is,
    1. Which is the actual PED (Petition Expiry Date) of my L-1A? The one on I797-B which is 27-APR-2022 or on the VISA stamp which is 22APR2023 ?
    2. Please note that I am an Australian national. Does the difference of PED on I797-B and VISA have anything to do with the reciprocity agreement between the USA and Australia?

Please let me know what I need to do? Do I have to file an extension for I797-B immediately or it is considered valid until PED on the passport stamp?

Originally posted by sgshaikh View Post
    1. Which is the actual PED (Petition Expiry Date) of my L-1A? The one on I797-B which is 27-APR-2022 or on the VISA stamp which is 22APR2023
    The date mentioned on your I797 is your petition expiry date, VO might have done typo printing PED in visa.
    2. Please note that I am an Australian national. Does the difference of PED on I797-B and VISA have anything to do with the reciprocity agreement between the USA and Australia?
    Sorry, no info on that part.
    Please let me know what I need to do? Do I have to file an extension for I797-B immediately or it is considered valid until PED on the passport stamp?
    Yes, consult an attorney & file for your petition extension.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X