Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 stay with approved petition in US without L1

Hello everyone,

We recently got our L1 and L2 extensions approval. I, the L1 petitioner have to go to India for a mandatory responsibility. Having the approved L2 petition, can my spouse and child are legally allowed to stay in US? If so, how long they can stay without the L1 petitioner in US?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Originally posted by sandypete View Post
    We recently got our L1 and L2 extensions approval. I, the L1 petitioner have to go to India for a mandatory responsibility. Having the approved L2 petition, can my spouse and child are legally allowed to stay in US? If so, how long they can stay without the L1 petitioner in US?
    The approval notice for L2 comes with new I94 in the bottom of the 797 notice, with that they can stay in USA legally till the expiry date mentioned in new I94.

Note that, for L2 status to continue, the primary L1 need to maintain his/her status. L1 staying outside USA for prolonged period, may create issue for L2s in USA (short period is fine).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Libra_14 Thank you so much for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X