L2 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 extension

I am currently in US with status : L1B Visa expiry - Dec 2010; I-94 - Sept 2013 (date given at POE). My stay here would be probably till my I-94 expiry date. My family is in India : L2 Visa expiry - Dec 2010.

1. I was planning to get them a new L2 visa in India and let them travel to US. But my Company says that the US consulate may give visa for my dependents based on my visa validity date and not based on my current I-94. Is this true?

2, In case if my family travels to US with their existing visa now and if they get I-94 validity only till Dec-2010; is it possible to get their I-94 extension based on my current I-94 date? Please advice.

1. I was planning to get them a new L2 visa in India and let them travel to US. But my Company says that the US consulate may give visa for my dependents based on my visa validity date and not based on my current I-94. Is this true?
    >>> Their visa will be issued based on your petition validity and not your I-94 validity.

2, In case if my family travels to US with their existing visa now and if they get I-94 validity only till Dec-2010; is it possible to get their I-94 extension based on my current I-94 date?
    >>> No. You will need an extended petition for them to get an extension. You cannot apply an extension for them based on your I-94.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the response.

So I believe my next option would be to apply for L1B extension (even though my current I-94 is valid till Sep-2013) to get an extended petition. I understand that after L1B extension approval, I will get a new I-94 date; but what if it gets denied, will this affect my current I-94 status? Please advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X