Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadline to enter USA after L1 visa stamping and does my payroll have to move to USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadline to enter USA after L1 visa stamping and does my payroll have to move to USA

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help and guidance on this forum. I have 2 questions that I am hoping the community can help me out with.

- Is there a deadline on when I have to enter the USA after L1 stamping. I want to delay entering by as much as possible as the timing of my move is horrible given it is scheduled for mid year. Someone said I had to enter within 90 days of stamping of L1 but I could not find it.
    - I am in Dubai where my salary is tax free. Do I have to move to USA payroll considering my move will only be for a couple of years or can the company keep my payroll here in Dubai.

Thanks,
    J

Originally posted by Dubai123 View Post
    - Is there a deadline on when I have to enter the USA after L1 stamping. I want to delay entering by as much as possible as the timing of my move is horrible given it is scheduled for mid year. Someone said I had to enter within 90 days of stamping of L1 but I could not find it.
    No, there is no such limit. You can enter into USA until your visa or petition expiry date (which is earlier).

Originally posted by Dubai123 View Post
    - I am in Dubai where my salary is tax free. Do I have to move to USA payroll considering my move will only be for a couple of years or can the company keep my payroll here in Dubai.
    Your salary can be paid in Dubai or USA or mix of both, but you need to file taxes in USA for your global income (not sure what Dubai tax law says though).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X