X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying L1-B after marriage to a US citizen

Hi,

Case-
    While in US on L1-B, I married a US citizen, then I returned back to India legally, I didnt apply for paperwork or anything while in US, just that my marriage is legal.

Now I am in India away from my wife and my L1-B has also expired, my company wants me go back to US on a fresh L1-B since previous one has expired; for which I will have to appear for an interview at the Consulate again.

Questions-

1) Would my marriage earlier with a US citizen result in any problem in issuance of fresh L1-B (is there any restriction as such)
    2) Would the consulate be aware of my marriage though I have been quite private about it, and can there be any questions to me by the Consular Officer about my family in US and marriage, how do I manage those questions if yes.
    3) Is this L1-B approach to get back to the US and then file for an AOS a legal route than waiting for a year to get through a Consular processing to be with my family.

I am a very clean man with no illegal approaches in mind so I will be very truthful and seek guidance in such a situation from you.

Thanks,
    Rajesh

Please let us know if anyone has any idea on the Case or have similar experience heard from any one.

Can L1 B visa be applied by an individual even though he/she is married to a US Citizen?

Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X