Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using pre-existing B1, while L1A Indiv. petition is ongoing

Hello good Samaritans!

I have an L1A individual petition filed with USCIS. Meanwhile I am considering a business travel to the US, with my pre-existing B1 visa, in January-23. This trip would be strictly 1 week long, just to meet some clients (I work in the Business Development function). Important to note that this visit is a "good to have" and not a "must have".

Please share your views/experiences -
    1. Could this trip have any impact (even if less probable) on our L1A petition/consular visa interview?
    2. Any chance/ past instance of unpleasantries at airport immigration, with the immigration officer discovering an ongoing L1 application?

I can defer this trip, or prepare better based on your kind suggestions. Thanks!

Originally posted by mudits14 View Post
    1. Could this trip have any impact (even if less probable) on our L1A petition/consular visa interview?
    No, not at all. You just need to convince CBP officer at POE that your intent with B1 visit is purely temporary ​& you'll surely return after 1 week.

Apart of that there is no impact on your L1 petition/visa.
    Originally posted by mudits14 View Post
    ​2. Any chance/ past instance of unpleasantries at airport immigration, with the immigration officer discovering an ongoing L1 application?
    Not on L1, but I had H1 petition approved, when I was traveling on B1 & they asked me to prove that my intention is not to switch from B1 to H1, once I am inside USA. After a quick discussion & justification they allowed me to go through. DM me if you need detailed information.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X