Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 visa holders do if HR says their visa expires soon despite having a valid I94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa holders do if HR says their visa expires soon despite having a valid I94

As an L1 visa holder, my wife is facing challenges in finding employment due to some companies' HR departments stating that her visa will expire in four months. However, her I94 form is valid for another two years because we were granted a visa shagle for one year and an I94 for three years. In this case, should we renew the visa or is there any justification we can provide omegle for her work voojio eligibility based on the I94?

Thank you for your assistance!
    Last edited by AnneGodkoyj; 03-22-2023, 01:10 AM.

Her work eligibility is based only on her I-94. Her visa is irrelevant and nobody should ask to see it. Her L2S I-94 is a List C document for the I-9.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

isnt her l2 valid as long as spouse l1? I94 authroizes stay but not to work.

Comment

Originally posted by L1A_asp View Post
        isnt her l2 valid as long as spouse l1?
        Yes. The period of stay on the L2's I-94 should be no longer than the period of stay on the L1's I-94.

Originally posted by L1A_asp View Post
        I94 authroizes stay but not to work.
        Yes it authorizes work, because L2 spouses are authorized to work incident to status.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by AnneGodkoyj View Post
          As an L1 visa holder, my wife is facing challenges in finding employment due to some companies' HR departments stating that her visa will expire in four months. However, her I94 form is valid for another two years because we were granted a visa for one year and an I94 for three years. In this case, should we renew the visa or is there any justification we can provide for her work eligibility based on the I94?

Thank you for your assistance!
          Please also share what is your I797 expiry date.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X