Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is hyphenated surname causing visa mismatch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is hyphenated surname causing visa mismatch?

Have you encountered a situation where your hyphenated surname, let's say "aaa bbb-ccc," does not match the name on your L visa, which is listed as "aaa bbb ccc" without the hyphen? I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience in this community. Is this a common practice or could there potentially be an issue with the mismatched names omegle omglz on your visa and passport?
    Last edited by VeraniTasina; 06-23-2023, 12:19 AM.

Hello,

I appreciate your question regarding a potential mismatch between a hyphenated surname and the name listed on an L visa. While I cannot speak for every individual's experience, I can provide some insights.

In general, it is recommended to ensure that the name on your visa and passport match exactly, including any hyphens or other punctuation. However, minor variations in name format or punctuation are sometimes encountered due to differences in how names are recorded in different systems or documents.

To address your concern about the hyphenated surname on your passport and the absence of a hyphen on your L visa, it would be advisable to contact the appropriate authorities or embassy/consulate to seek clarification. They can provide guidance on the specific policies and requirements in your situation. Resolving any potential mismatch beforehand can help avoid any issues or confusion during immigration or official processes.

Additionally, reaching out to others in the community or forums who have faced similar situations can provide valuable insights and experiences. They may share their knowledge of any potential challenges or steps they took to address any name mismatches.

Remember, it is always best to ensure accurate and consistent documentation, especially when it comes to legal matters such as visas and passports. Taking proactive steps to rectify any discrepancies can help prevent complications or delays during immigration processes.

Please note that the information provided here is based on general knowledge, and it is important to consult with the relevant authorities for specific guidance regarding your online2yu individual echat circumstances.
    Last edited by NilophirHaltos; 06-08-2023, 03:22 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X