Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B - stay back in India

Hello,

I am on L1B Visa and I have come back to India for a short period of time. Does anyone know how long I can stay back in India before going back to US? Is there any limit on the number of days that I can stay back in India?

Thanks!

There is no such limit. You can stay back as long as you want. When you return back, you need to have a valid petition, visa and passport and the job should be still available.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for the information!

Comment

Originally posted by stevenjohn
        generally, when a visa is canceled due to employment being terminated it is considered that the visa converts to a b2 for 30 days. if you have a firm departure date (with plane tickets), that indicate that you would be leaving within 40 days of the employment ending, i doubt that you would have problems. You would have no problems leaving, the only issue you might have would be if you were applying for admission after departing the us.
        totally wrong!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X