Blanket L1 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanket L1 Visa

I am currently in US on Blanket L1 Visa and currently working from home. My wife is getting job opportunity in some other state. Can I move to other state without filling Amendment ? Or it is not required if my job duties and company are same.

You may be able to move to another state without filing an amendment to your L-1 visa, but it depends on a few factors.

First, you need to check your company's Blanket L-1 authorization. Some Blanket L-1 authorizations allow employees to work in any location in the United States, while others may require employees to obtain an amended L-1 petition before moving to a new state.

Second, you need to make sure that your job duties and company remain the same. If there is any material change in your employment, such as a change in job title, duties, or salary, you will need to file an amended L-1 petition.

To be safe, I recommend contacting your immigration attorney to discuss your specific situation. They can help you determine whether or not you need to file an amended L-1 petition before moving to a new state.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
    • If you are moving to a new state to work in a different office of your company, you should check with your company's HR department to make sure that the new office is listed in your company's Blanket L-1 authorization.
    • If you are moving to a new state to work remotely, you should check with your immigration attorney to make sure that your company's Blanket L-1 authorization allows for remote work.
    • If you are moving to a new state to start a new job, you will need to file a new L-1 petition.

I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your move!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X