Question on L2S visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on L2S visa

Can a L2S dependent spouse enter the US if L1 visa holder is in India? We both have valid stamping in our passports.

No

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by KHKAMANI View Post
      Can a L2S dependent spouse enter the US if L1 visa holder is in India? We both have valid stamping in our passports.
      Your question is not fully clear.

If this is the first time you are entering on L2S - No, you cannot enter without L1.

If you were in USA earlier, went out for something & want to return, yes, you can.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

We have already entered the US last year and have been staying here since then.

The question I have is when we go to India for a vacation can the L2 visa holder enter the US if L1 visa holder is still in India and planning to come back a bit later.

Comment

Yes, a L2S dependent spouse can enter the US if the L1 visa holder is in India, as long as both of you have valid stamping in your passports.

The L2S visa is a non-immigrant visa for spouses of L1 visa holders. L2S visa holders are allowed to live and work in the US for the duration of their spouse's L1 visa.

To enter the US on an L2S visa, you will need to present your valid passport with L2S visa stamping at the port of entry. You may also be asked to show proof of your relationship to the L1 visa holder, such as a marriage certificate.

Here are some tips for entering the US on an L2S visa:
          • Make sure that your passport and L2S visa stamping are valid.
          • Have proof of your relationship to the L1 visa holder, such as a marriage certificate.
          • Be prepared to answer questions about your travel plans and your relationship to the L1 visa holder.
          • Be polite and respectful to the customs and border protection koows officer.

If you have any questions or concerns about entering the US on an L2S visa, you should consult koows with an immigration attorney.
          Last edited by TatwanFilemdar; 12-06-2023, 03:18 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X