Just asked my company for an L-1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just asked my company for an L-1B

Background: 32M working in tech as a software designer. Im originally from Italy, but I’ve been living in London for 10 years and I now have British citizenship too. I’m single and have no kids. I’m currently working for a US company (been there for 3 years).

Most people on here recommended me the L-1B route. So today I've asked my manager about it.

He's pretty open to it and told me we'd need to see how to handle it from a product perspective. He's not sure if I'd be able to stay on my current team or if I'd have to switch and work on more US centric products.

He then told me to chat with HR so I could gather more info on how a move like this would work. So I got in touch with HR and they told me they could potentially sponsor my visa. The only caveat is that I'd need to pay for the visa expenses and my relocation.

They would only pay for it if I were starting a new role in the US which the company wanted to move me for. But if I'm only moving because I want to, then I'd need to pay for the expenses myself https://speedtest.vet/https://vidmate.bid/ .

She then gave me the email of our visas department and told me to get in touch with them. I still didn't send them an email as I wanted to write this post first.

What do you think I should write to them? Also, how much would an L-1B application cost me?

The other important thing to understand is if the company will also sponsor my green card (they might, but i might've to pay for it all?). That's something I'll ask the visas department.

Thanks everyone!​
    Last edited by lochy; 07-19-2024, 06:08 AM.

Replying for the updates.

Comment

Hi,

Do you still need help with this? Consider checking out immigrationquestion.com. They’re a good resource for matters like this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X