Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing on L1 with 2 months validity

Hi guys,

I am holding L1 which is going to expire in 90 days. I am planning to fly in 2-3 weeks.
    Could you please clarify my doubts ?
    1) what type of questions I may face at POE?
    2) what would be the best answer for the delay? Will they suspect that I am landing just to renew the visa?
    3)I am planning to land at City B instead of City A (where my company located)? Will it be a problem at POE?
    4) My employer is planning to do L1 extension through COS, in that case my dependent have to approach embassy to renew their visa?
    5)For L1 does it really required to show client letter or just the US employer letter is enough?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by geeni; 01-28-2011, 03:01 AM.

Reply Requested

Can anyone please answer my queries?

Comment

I am holding L1 which is going to expire in 90 days. I am planning to fly in 2-3 weeks.

I did the same and no issues happened ...

Could you please clarify my doubts ?
      1) what type of questions I may face at POE?
      Question depending on the POE, for me I had travelled before so he asked about that ..they asked me many question regarding work and other things but he was so good and he told me make sure u apply for extension and all .. so its all depending on the POE officer. Tell req got frozen due to recession and now they need back or something ... or tell the real reason why it got delayed if he ask ..

2) what would be the best answer for the delay? Will they suspect that I am landing just to renew the visa?
      I dont think so ...

3)I am planning to land at City B instead of City A (where my company located)? Will it be a problem at POE?
      I recommend to travel to City A (if possible) or to the nearest City if city A doesnt have an international service ..

4) My employer is planning to do L1 extension through COS, in that case my dependent have to approach embassy to renew their visa?
      if dependent is not travelling with u then yes , they have to go to consulate for renewal ... else ur employer can also do l2 extension with you ... Also there is no COS when u apply extension ... u will get i94 without having to go out of the country ... COS is for L1 to H1, H4 etc ...

5)For L1 does it really required to show client letter or just the US employer letter is enough?
      Client letter will be any way required when you file extension, or a SOW (statement of work) may help ... for me they didnt ask anything .. but its all luck ... better to have if you can ... You need to have one of these any way for L1 extension .. i got my ext without issues but my friends got RFE asking client letter ! I didnt provided any client letter but the SOW was good ...

I recommend you to go and do a fresh BL1 if possible ... you can do it and come here without any of these issues if your employer agrees ...

Comment

thank you

Anna, I appreciate your detailed answers.

Reconfirming again on dependents visa.
        If I get i94 with new validity, my dependents need to attend embassy for stamping?

Comment

If you are going alone to US now and your L1 ext gets approved with new i94, ur dependents have to go to consulate in india and get L2 for them and join you ...

if they are coming with you to US now (if they have L2 now) ur employer can also apply L2 extension for them with ur L1 extension and they need not have to go to consulate as they will also get L2 with i94 if your L1 extension gets approved. They need to go to consulte only if they come to India and then re-enter US again later.

Comment

thank you

Thank you so much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X