Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blanket L1 B kept pending under section 221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanket L1 B kept pending under section 221(g)

I attended L1B Blanket visa interview on 27 Jan 2011. My petition has been kept pending under section 221(g) of INA.

The office handed over a white slip to me and said "You company has filed your visa under a wrong category(L1 B Blanket). They need to apply it under H1B or L petition on your behalf"

They have returned my passport but there is no "application received" stamping. i.e. it is not reject for sure.

What I want to know is:-
    1) Am I going to receive some communication from US consulate?
    2) Does "Pending" means that they are doing some processing at their end and my visa can be approved in near future.
    3) Do I/employer need to file H1B or L petition while this request is under "Pending"?
    4) can i file Blanket L1 again with change in documents?

Please answer these questions.....
    Last edited by desai_p17; 01-31-2011, 01:00 PM.

hey i also got the same reply from VO...did u recieve any updates from them?

Comment

Same issue

Have u got any updates?

Comment

Blanket L1 B kept pending under section 221(g)

Hi,
        I had interview yesterday & VO handed over White slip stating that your application has been kept pending under section 221(g) of INA.
        The Company should apply for Individual L1B or H1B on your behalf.

Do there is any time limitation for applying individual L1B?
        If company apply right now under premium processing than how much time it will take to have visa interview?
        it's really critical requirement for our project to work me at US time
        please advice..

Comment

Originally posted by desai_p17 View Post
          I attended L1B Blanket visa interview on 27 Jan 2011. My petition has been kept pending under section 221(g) of INA.

The office handed over a white slip to me and said "You company has filed your visa under a wrong category(L1 B Blanket). They need to apply it under H1B or L petition on your behalf"

They have returned my passport but there is no "application received" stamping. i.e. it is not reject for sure.

1) Am I going to receive some communication from US consulate?
          2) Does "Pending" means that they are doing some processing at their end and my visa can be approved in near future.
          3) Do I/employer need to file H1B or L petition while this request is under "Pending"?

Please answer these questions.....
          1) Am I going to receive some communication from US consulate? No there wont be any communication from the US consulate if the VO hasnt told anything to you related to that, in my case the VO has asked me to fill the questionairee that they would be sending it and i got mail from them to sumbit ,
          however there wasnt any communication from them after that.

There is a definite possibility it could be done if they had kept the passport as far as i know.

You would need to check with the RMS or your employer for the same

I am not 100% sure if it would be good as the VO would be updating your case as "NOt applicable for L1"

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY OTHER DETAILS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X