Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa not stamped. Passport returned after a month.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa not stamped. Passport returned after a month.

Hi Everyone,
    I am narrating my personal experience. I am not sure if anyone has come across such a situation.
    I went to Chennai Consulate on Jan 4th,2011 for the interview. I was told that my visa is approved,but they would need 2-3 days for PIMS verification.
    After a month of waiting , they sent back my passport without stamping saying that my petition has expired(they sent 221G). My I797 clearly says Dec, 2011 but according to the records shared by the USCIS to the consulate it is Dec 2010 I believe. Now this looks like a clear case of goof up by the USCIS folks. They have either misprinted my I 797A with wrong dates or have entered the wrong dates on their system. So the problem here is of bureaucracy inefficiency which has resulted in such a situation.
    It was a waste of time and money for the company and me. Has anyone faced a similar problem. Please share your experiences on how this can be dealt .

Thanks,
    Sanjay
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%

Contact your employer to contact their attorney to look into this matter. There is really nothing you can do yourself.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. Will check with the company on the same.

Regards,
      Sanjay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X