L1 & L2 Extension - Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 & L2 Extension - Urgent

I just received approval notice for my wife's L2 visa. Approval is only till 11-Feb-2011. My company haven't received the notice for my approval yet, so don't know what date will be there in my L1 extension approval. My company is saying they will file for another extension but i doubt it will happen in another 2 days. What should i do now?

Urgent ****

What if i don't get the approved I-94 by 11-Feb-2011? Anyone please reply..

Comment

What was the date requested in your L1 petition?
      Possible reasons for early end date are,
      - 5 year time out
      - Project end date
      - Passport expiry

In any case, a new extension petition must reach the USCIS before the current I-94 expires. It is highly unlikely to happen. USCIS may or may not ignore the gap in status in such a case and it is highly likely that you and your spouse will have to leave the US and return. Consult an attorney and be prepared.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thanks for your response..

Still 5 months left in 5 year time out
        Project is ongoing project and no end date kind of thing
        Passport will expire only end of June 2011.

I haven't received my I-94 yet and not sure what date will be there in it.. i guess i won't be receiving it by 02/11 as it has to go to company Headquarters and mailed back to me... i've received only my wife's approval notice.. iam kind of trapped now..

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        What was the date requested in your L1 petition?
        Possible reasons for early end date are,
        - 5 year time out
        - Project end date
        - Passport expiry

In any case, a new extension petition must reach the USCIS before the current I-94 expires. It is highly unlikely to happen. USCIS may or may not ignore the gap in status in such a case and it is highly likely that you and your spouse will have to leave the US and return. Consult an attorney and be prepared.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X