Possibility of wrong expiration date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of wrong expiration date?

My wife applied for L2B visa and she got 221g pink slip. After admin process she got her passport back with valid visa from 17th Feb 2011 till 30 March 2011. My L1B visa is expiring on 30 March 2012.

My wife got visa for just 40 days. Could this be a possibility that it could be a misprint? As I have heard that L2B visa expiration date is same as L1B expiration date.

Also I have sent a mail to [email protected]. If they ask to submit the passport any idea how much days it will take for re-stamp.

Early reply will be grateful.

She has to travel before the expiry date, but once in the US her allowed stay is as per her I-94, which will be given according to your I-94. She will need to show a copy of your petition approval notice and your I-94 if possible.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

As I have written to vfs could there be possibility that they change year on her visa?

Comment

Not likely, Visa expiry and petition/I-94 expiry need not be the same.

Comment

I agree with that...but my visa is expiring on 30 March 2012, Petition: no expiration date valid indefinately....I-94 is valid till December 2011...so thats where I am confused that it is not matching with any one of them....what i have heard that L2B visa is valid till principal visa date....also what I see in misprint that in expiration date on year is different from my visa's expiration date....have you ever got quer regarding misprints or wrong visa issued?

Comment

As stated earlier none of these dates are required to match. Your spouse can use the Visa to travel right until its expiry date, date of allowed stay is given on I-94. You can try talking to VFS or the consulate, but they will not change it IMO.

Comment

Hello,

I am also in the similar kind of the situation. I would like to know what was the response from VFS (Consulate) in your case. How much time it took for the whole process from sending an Email to getting the response?

Appreciate to hear from you. asap

thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X