Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 - EAD - returned - need to reapply

My wife applied for EAD on 07/30/2008

The application was approved but we didn't get any approval notice and EAD Card. The first Status was returned as undeliverable then we called them updated the same adress again. Then, the status was changed to card mailed. after 2 weeks, it status was again returned as undeliverable.

Recently, I checked the status and details as follows,
    Card/ Document Production

We have destroyed the card produced for this case I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION because it was returned as undeliverable and we have not since heard from you. You must file a new application to obtain a new card. When filing a new application, follow the instructions on the form, indicate you are filing because you did not receive the last card we manufactured, and reference the receipt number for this case.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

----------

Now, we decided to reapply for EAD.

The Question is while filling the form I-765, Do I need to select the applying option "Permission to accept employment" or "Replacement (of lost employment authorization document)?

And to which address they will send the appoved Card? The address we mentioned in I-765 form or L1-B's initial address which is the one when applied for L1-B?

Please help regarding this.

Thank you,
    Kiran
    Last edited by l1btol1a; 03-18-2011, 04:12 PM.

Originally posted by l1btol1a View Post
    Hi,

Now, we decided to reapply for EAD.

The Question is while filling the form I-765, Do I need to select the applying option "Permission to accept employment" or "Replacement (of lost employment authorization document)?

And to which address they will send the appoved Card? The address we mentioned in I-765 form or L1-B's initial address which is the one when applied for L1-B?

Please help me regarding this.

Thank you,
    Kiran
    You can select the replacement option. It will mail it to the address that you use on the I-765.
    Since L1 petition was filed by your employer, it would have employer's address. L2 EAD application has nothing to do with it.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you KabKaba

Thank yo very much KabKaba for your quick reply with answer. This is very helpful to me.

Thanks once again.

Kiran

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X