L1B-Change in Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B-Change in Client

Hi…my L1b blanket visa was approved last week for a client(the client name is mentioned in the petition)…however the project for which i was supposed to go US has been scrapped and there is no chance of it being revived again …..my question here is can i work for some other client in the US using the same L1b visa.

The original client’s name is mentioned in the petition…will it pose any problem at the port of entry if i say that now i will work for some other client?. Please let me know….Thanks

Hi Kanika,
    I am also going through the same situation as u mentioned. This is an immigration rule that came on Feb 2011 and it is not possible to override it in any way. Following are the options
    1. petition amendment to change the client name(my employer said it is hard to get approved and time consuming)
    2. Travel for the old client if possible for a short term and then relocate to new client
    3. Apply for a new Visa for the new client

Since first two options does not work for me i am gonna apply for H1 B visa but i suppose the chances of rejection are too high as i hold a valid unused L1B visa. anyway something is better than nothing. give a try

Comment

L1B - Change in client and location. Can I travel?

Hello,

I got my L1B visa cleared in the first week of March 2012. My L1 peition says that I will be providing services for our Client X @ Location A. Few days after my visa was approved, I got the information that my project with Client X is getting scrapped and that I will be getting released soon from that project. As that happened, I was found suitable for another Client Y project @ Location B in US. Do I have a chance of travelling to the new client project? I am hearing different perspectives from different quarters and confused as to what is my situation now. Won't the immigration officials at the US port of entry understand that business needs change and as long as I work for the company and possess the same specialized knowledge for which I will travelling to client Y, I should be allowed entry?

Please let me know.

Comment

I don't think there is any rule as such for L1B. For H1's the client name is important since your LCA, minimum wage etc depends on client location and things like that.

In fact at the port of entry all they see for L1B (besides passport with visa stamp) is the I-797 which does not have the client name (as far as I remember).

I would still strongly suggest asking your company's immigration department a clear cut question - from what I know there has been no policy change at USCIS end; maybe the companies have enforced an internal policy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X