2 petitions for L2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 petitions for L2

I entered into USA using H1B visa on 07/13/2008. Later I converted into L2 visa (Dependent of L1 alien) which is valid from 03/23/2009 to 07/13/2011.

Recently my spouse's employer has converted his L1B visa to L1A. So mine also applied along with that and I received the extended L2 approved petition which is valid from 07/13/2011 to 07/12/2013.

I want to take vacation to go to India on May 2011. I understand that I need to go for US visa stamping in India to return back to USA.

Questions:

1) Since I have two petitions, Which petition is allowed for visa stamping on May 2011?

2) Can I use the the extended petition (valid from 07/13/2011 to 07/12/2013) to get visa stamping?

3) If I use the current petition(03/23/2009 to 07/13/2011) for visa stamping then how long will I get the visa validity periods in the stamping? If visa stamping is upto Jul' 2011 then do I need to apply for extension while in US, but already I have extended petition (valid from 07/13/2011 to 07/12/2013)? How does it work?

You will need to use your spouse's latest petition approval notice to apply for your L2 Visa. Your own extension of status approval notice does not matter.
    Return all I-94's when you leave the US.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

So, I dont need to present my approved petition and I need to show my Spouse's petition? Is there a chance they give stamping based on my petition dates?

Thanks,
      Selvi

Comment

Your status is dependent on your spouse's L1 status. Any extension of status approved before ends when you leave the US. When you re-enter you will get a new I-94 according to your spouse's latest I-94. If the latest I-94 is through 2013, your I-94 will also be through 2013.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

2 Petitions on L2

Hi,
          Thank you so much for your valuable reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X