L2 with EAD Simultaneously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 with EAD Simultaneously

I am in the US on an L1 and so is my spouse. I would like to convert to L2 and apply for EAD simultaneously. i have the below questions
    1) are I539(L2) and I765 (EAD) the only forms i need to fill and provide with supporting documents?
    2) For question 16 on 1-765 should the category be a(18) - spouse of intra company transferee or c(9) adjustment of status since i am applying for change of status to L2?
    3) Since i am applying simultaneously, should i be posting them both in one envelope? i guess what i am trying to understand is, how would i mention on the I765 application that i am also applying for L2 conversion
    4) what are the reasons an L2 or EAD can be denied?

Originally posted by adcclick View Post
    I am in the US on an L1 and so is my spouse. I would like to convert to L2 and apply for EAD simultaneously. i have the below questions
    1) are I539(L2) and I765 (EAD) the only forms i need to fill and provide with supporting documents?
    Yes
    2) For question 16 on 1-765 should the category be a(18) - spouse of intra company transferee or c(9) adjustment of status since i am applying for change of status to L2?
    spouse of intra company transferee
    adjustment of status is for I-485 applicant

3) Since i am applying simultaneously, should i be posting them both in one envelope? i guess what i am trying to understand is, how would i mention on the I765 application that i am also applying for L2 conversion
    Yes in the same envelope. Write a cover letter explaining it. Attach two separate checks.
    4) what are the reasons an L2 or EAD can be denied?
    You or your spouse not maintaining L1 status, insufficient evidence of marriage.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

L1 to L2 with EAD

Hi Kabkaba,

Currently I am on L1 visa extension( ihave extension document with new I94 ) which is valid till June 2012 and My wife is on L1 visa valid till 2013.

we recently got married here in US 2 months back and I have the marraige certificate from US health dept authority.

I want to change my status from L1(extn) to L2 ( dependent on my wife's L1 visa) as well as simultaneously apply for EAD.

1) how much time it would take?
      2) what forms and evidence is required?
      3) can we do it ourselves or do we need to get it applied through our employer?
      4) as we both have the same employer, is there any issue with that?
      5) will I be in valid status and continue working with my current employer while the L2& EAD is in progress?
      6) is it mandatory to leave my current employer from the day my L2 & EAD is approved?

Please respond with details and also mention the steps and anything i missed out to take care of.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by L1toL2 View Post
        Hi Kabkaba,

Currently I am on L1 visa extension( ihave extension document with new I94 ) which is valid till June 2012 and My wife is on L1 visa valid till 2013.

we recently got married here in US 2 months back and I have the marraige certificate from US health dept authority.

I want to change my status from L1(extn) to L2 ( dependent on my wife's L1 visa) as well as simultaneously apply for EAD.

1) how much time it would take?
        2 to 3 months
        2) what forms and evidence is required?
        I539 for change of status and I765 for EAD. Proof of both your statuses (copies of passports, I-94's, petition approval notices, paystubs) and proof of relationship (marriage certi)
        3) can we do it ourselves or do we need to get it applied through our employer?
        Both are your applications, employer may help you file them, but still your responsibility.
        4) as we both have the same employer, is there any issue with that?
        No problem
        5) will I be in valid status and continue working with my current employer while the L2& EAD is in progress?
        Yes,
        6) is it mandatory to leave my current employer from the day my L2 & EAD is approved?
        If both are approved together you can work as long as EAD is valid. If L2 is approved before EAD, you must stop working. You need either L1 status or EAD to keep working.
        Please respond with details and also mention the steps and anything i missed out to take care of.

Thanks in advance.
        See above.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          See above.
          Do I need Attorney to file form I539 & I 769 or just fill out the form and submit with all relevant docuement?

Comment

If you can understand all the questions and answer them you can file it yourself. If you are not comfortable with that, you can consult an attorney. Read form and instructions first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X