Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 - Passport not yet returned by Embassy

Hello All,

My sister and her husband went for L2/L1A interview on 28th March at Hyderabad Consulate. VO gave her husband a blue 221g because his passport's plastic cover on front page was torn a bit and his passport was going to expire in a year. But VO asked my sister to leave her passport there and said your visa is done.

Then her husband obtained a new passport and couriered it to embassy on 5th April and he received his new passport with stamped visa on 8th April but she did not receive her passport.

Now when we check on VFS site, status is shown "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate if your Visa has been approved."

What does this mean?

She has sent an e-mail(11th April) and registered postal mail (18th April) to consulate but received no reply. She called help line numerous time but they read the same status message and as it is VFS help line they say they don't know more than this.

She lives in Maharashtra and had to go to Hyderabad cause Mumbai consulate is not processing H1 and L1 currently.

So my questions are:
    1. What does the status mean? And how long does it take? Has anybody experienced similar situation (for L2?)
    2. Also is there any way to contact US consulate directly?
    3. Will Consulate entertain her if she or her husband go there personally?

Also what can be done in this situation?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
    Reshma

Keep calling VFS and send an email to the consulate.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

@kabkaba

Thanks for your reply.

She is calling VFS everyday but they just read the status to her and as I mentioned she has already sent and e-mail 2 weeks back and registered postal mail 1 week back. Haven't received reply for either of them.

I even called kentuky Service center but they also read the same status and says that her passport is under administrative processing.

But she never received 221g for herself then can it still be Administrative processing??

Anybody knows any timeframe for such issue?

It is like a black box. No idea what is happening.

Reshma

Comment

Unfortunately it is a black box like you said. All you can do is wait.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X