Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on L1 Extn Denied previously and Reapplying after One Year

Hi Readers,

My L1B extension was denied last August. I still dont know the reason for denial. Could anyone of you please tell me if there are any chances of getting L1B approved if I reapply after one year.
    The requirement is so critical that my client even closed that position because my visa was denied. I wanted to make sure that I present the right skills, experience and technology this time.

Suggestions on the proper presentation of specialized skills and technologies are highly appreciated.

What are the possible questions that the VO might ask.
    Anyone had similar experience, your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Was it your Visa that was denied at the consulate or your employer's petition?
    Petition denial will not affect a Visa application.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

What is the difference between a petition and Visa? I am not aware of that.

I just submitted extension application when I was in the US through my company before the expiry date, got RFE, responded to RFE, my company attorney collected my response and submitted to USCIS. Later a moth, got the status as denied.

Is there a way to know if it is a petition rejection or Visa rejection?

Do you know what they will be checking or interested to know if I am reapplying after an year?

Thanks for your answers!
      Last edited by alexav; 05-04-2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

That is a denial for the petition filed by your employer. If your employer files another petition (or already has a valid petition for you), you can apply for the Visa at the consulate and travel to the US.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X