Visa issuance fee for L1A Individual petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa issuance fee for L1A Individual petition

My L1 visa extension as an individual petition got approved in february. I am going to india this month so I am appearing for visa interview to get extension visa stamped.

I have taken HDFC receipt for INR 7430(green receipt).

I have read on the visa guidance document about additional fee of $2250. Is this something that I need to take at HDFC or is it the application fee that my petitioner already paid when they submited my petition for extension to USCIS? Is it required for my dependants as well. Please let me know.

Here is what the guidance document talks about:

Under Public Law 111-230 requires an additional fee of $2,250 for covered L-1A and L-1B
    petitions and $2, 000 for covered H-1B petitions. This fee is in addition to the base
    processing fee and the existing Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee required for a Petition
    Nonimmigrant Worker.

I have figured out

For L1 individual petitions 'Blanket L Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee' does not apply.

'Additional H and L Visa fees under Public Law 111-230' will be paid by the employer when the petition/extension is filed.

Other than carrying HDFC receipt for INR 7430, there are no other fees.

Remember we need to submit all required documents 3 days in advance at Hyderabad consulate.

Thanks

Comment

If you read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-fees/, everything is described right there about the fees.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Could you also pls share your interview experience - q's asked, your responses - when done please?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X