X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-94 extension after indian passport renewal

Hello Team,

Can someone please advice on my condition:

I got valid L1-B visa till July 2014. Moved to US recently, at port of entry (JFK - New York) officer said she can give i-94 date till Sep 2012 because my indian passport is expiring on Sep 2012. Where as my dependents (L2) got i-94 valid till Sep 2014. I'm planning to do renewal of Indian passport here in US through New York indian embassy early next month. Once I receive my new passport here - how should I proceed with i-94 extension to the new date atleast till 2014.

There is lot of confusion over this when I start googling and reading different forums - some say they got extended by calling CBP office at port of entry, some at UCICS office etc..and others telling it has go through VISA extension process by filing i-129s etc. Why I should I do this when I have valid visa till 2014 just for 1-94 extension.

Can some one please advice on this and let me know what process to follow.

First try visiting the nearest CBP deferred inspection post. They may or may not correct your I-94.
    If that does not work you have two ways to do it. Either your employer files extension of status using I-129 or you leave the US and return to get a new I-94.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X