Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother in Law Dependent Visa

Hello,

I am applying for a L1 A visa for me (via the company I am working for) and would also apply for L2 visa for my wife and our three children (under 18 years of age). This is all simple enough.
    My problem is with my Mother in law who is dependent on us. I would like her to accompany us and get a visa that will enable her to stay with us in the USA for a few years (she does not need to work).
    She is physically healthy and leaves on her own, but has no other family but us, and basically spends 99% of her time with us. She will not be able to leave a healthy life apart from us.

My question is:
    How can I provide evidence of her dependency? Could I provide a psychiatric evaluation? other?

Thanks,

Yariv

Dependent visas are provided only for the immediate dependents of the primary applicant (Your wife and kids). It is not possible to get a dependent visa for your mother-in-law. The only available option is to go for a visitor (B2) visa. She can stay only 6 months max in a visitor visa. If she gets a multiple entry 10 year visitors visa, then she can exit and re-enter every 6 months.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X