Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L-1B (blanket) /L-2 under 221(g) processing (pink form)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-1B (blanket) /L-2 under 221(g) processing (pink form)

Hi everyone,

My case is currently stuck in 221(g) processing and I'm looking for some info / clarifications.

My wife and I attended the L1/L2 visa interview at the Chennai consulate about a week back. The VO asked me few straightforward questions:
    - Traveled to US before? (yes)
    - Wife traveled to US before? (no)
    - Current designation
    - Experience with current firm (3.5 years)
    - Current Indian salary
    - Working with client or with firm directly? (Direct employment at firm HQ)

He subsequently told me that my visa is approved and handed me back stamped copies of I-129S. After this, he picked up my wife's passport and looked up something on his computer. He then told me that while my visa is approved, they need to put the case through administrative processing which may take 6-8 weeks. Another VO (Indian lady) subsequently handed me the pink form. I asked the second VO if my visa is approved to which she replied, "Yes, but we need additional administrative processing".

She kept our passports and papers including I-129S forms.

My wife wasn't asked any questions. However, her field of research / study happens to be listed on a TAL list I found online.

Questions:
    - Does this mean my visa is approved but wife's visa has been put through additional TAL checks? In this case what are the typical processing times at the Chennai consulate?

- If this is not related to my wife's visa, what are other possible causes for 221(g) processing? Given that I've been told my visa is approved and our passports have been collected, how much time should administrative processing typically take?

This has come as quite a setback. Looking for some expert advise / tips!

Thanks!
    Mohan
    Last edited by amohan; 11-29-2011, 09:16 AM.

L1B pending under 221(g)

My case is also somewhat similar. I was handed over the pink form to submit documents online. They kept my passport and said my visa will be processed in 3-4 days after receipt of the documents. However its been 2 weeks now and I am still waiting to hear back from them. Can anyone advice if passport submission implies that Visa will be approved?

Comment

Status 'ISSUED'

Following up to my original post. The Chennai consulate website today shows my visa status as "ISSUED". I also received SMS / email from VFS indicating that my passport is ready for delivery. Hopefully this means that my L-1B (blanket) and my wife's L2 have been issued and the waiting is finally over. The 'administrative processing' took exactly 3 weeks.

Comment

L2 visa pending with pink form

hi mohan

I too applied for a L2 dependent visa at the Delhi US consulate and it is pending. My B1/B2 visa was rejected in June 2010( was going to attend a conference related to my PhD/research).The VO asked twice why you want to visit US and few questions about my topic of research and then kept my passport and I797 and gave me the 221(g) pink form. The details in pink form like Resume and brief of research etc has to be mailed . I am also doing research like your wife and how much details i have to give them regarding my research as it is L2 visa and I am just going to meet my husband in US this time and stay with him for a while.
        kindly reply soon
        Last edited by shrahul; 01-06-2012, 03:50 AM.

Comment

L1 pending for 88 days

I'm similar to you all.

Visa type: L1A - Blanket Petition - Approved pending Administrative Processing
          Date interviewed: 16-Oct-2011 (Dubai Consulate) - 88 days today.
          Intracompany transfer - 5 years working for the same company
          Have 2 B1/B2 before and travelled atleast twice a year to the US for business over the last 3 years. Before then it was once a year.

My wife was cleared 3 weeks later but I remain on administrative processing. Wonder how much longer i will be..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X