Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1

Hello,

I am in L1B and got H1B from other another company also approved and change of status is Dec 5th 2011. I have resigned to my current L1B employer on Dec 12, 2011 for 2 weeks notice period. They are asking me to come back to India otherwise pay 3 months US salary and they said they'll inform US consulate abput this.
    What are the leagl issues. and what company can do ?

Thank you

They cannot do any such thing. US laws allow employment at will, a 2 weeks notice is also not needed. This changes if you signed any agreements with the employer. If so show the agreements to a labor lawyer and they may advise you best. Ask your L1 employer the basis (law or agreement) on which they are asking you to pay and ask for it in writing. If it is an agreement you are entitled to have a copy.
    Since change of status is approved, your employment with L1 employer is already illegal, you have to join H1 employer immediately.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

L1 to H1B Through COS

Hi,

I am also in same situation. please let me know what happened to your case.

I have not resigned from my current L1B company. My H1B visa was approved on 6thDec2011 with an immediate start date in the new I-94.

Thanks,
      Pooja

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X