L1 validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 validity

my company is about to file L1 blanket for me. But problem is my passport is valid till next year November only. I dont have enough time to renew my passport as it will block my Passport for a atleast 45 days. Could any one have any idea about validity for my L1.

your visa, I-94 when you enter US etc will not be issued beyond passport expiration...why dont you try tatkal for passport renewal? AFAIK you can do the renewal upto a yr prior to expiration

Comment

L1 validity

The visa might be given for 3 years but the I-94 at POE in most likelihood will be given only till the Passport Expiry. This is my opinion based on experience. Please do consult eperts and offcials in this matter.

Comment

Thank you Raghvi and Rvisak. I have not found any authorized document where it is mentioned regarding L1 Validity will depend on Passport expiry date. But it seems logically very much correct Will wait and watch. I will confirm once I get it. So that others can make use of it this information.

Comment

my previous reply was not clear enough,sorry for that - the visa will be for the duration of the petition, does not matter when your passport expires (though you need min 6 mth validity at the time of the visa interview)

your I-94 will only be till the passport expiration

Comment

Hi,

I have seen a similar case as yours. Please find option as below (ofcourse, final and professional solution should come from your Visa Attorney / immigration manager).

Below is the case detail:

1. Passport is expiring in Feb 2012
            2. Visa is issued and valid till 2013
            3. I-94 will be given till Feb 2012
            4. Get ur passport renewed from Indian Ambessy in US (inquire abt this) once in US
            5. As I-94 is issued till Feb 2012, Visit Mexico / Canada and get your I-94 renewed. Or Visit a CBP office near ur US destination and get it renewed.

I think if Indian Embessy in the US issues a renewed passport to you...you will be all set.

Regards,
            SS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X