L2 EAD Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD Query

Hello, Need some information on applying EAD for L2 Visa...

I am currently in US on L1 visa and spouse on L2 with following expiration dates :

My Petition & L1 Visa are valid till April 2012
    My i94 is valid till Dec 2014

Spouse L2 Visa is valid till April 2012
    Spouse i94 is valid till Sep' 2013 (i94 given till passport expiry date)

Information needed :

If my spouse applies for EAD now ,
    1)will it be approved in first place (as visa and petition are expiring in Apr'12 and EAD process will take 2 months or so)
    2)If EAD is approved , will it be approved til her I94 expiry date or Visa/ Petition expiry date?

Thanks a lot

Hello.. Could someone please respond to above query with any information. Thx

Comment

L2 EAD Query

If you apply for a new EAD now, you will just get an EAD valid until current L-2 expires. The best thing would be to file L-1 extension and with L-1 extension, also should file L-2 ext. and new EAD application. This is my opinion, please do consult immigration experts too.

Comment

EAD will be according to I-94.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

L2 visa

Hi all im holding with L2 visa and will expire on September 2012. My wife is L1 visa holder (im the dependent) w/c will expire also in September 2012, we left the US April 2011, question is can i still re-entry (me alone) to the US using the same L2 visa?

your inputs are much appreciated.

Comment

L2 Visa

Technically L2 is based solely on L1, i.e. without L1 maintaining status L2 is automatically out of status and it is not advisable to travel to US on L2 without L1 already present in US. There are exceptions where they allow primary L1 to go out of US with L2 still being present in US but only for a limited duration. At the POE you will be asked as to why primary petition holder is not with you, they might ask you for primary L1 petition document, I-94 etc and if they get a serious doubt about your intention they might deport you also or worse give a life ban. Even if you make it to US, you would most probably not be able to get a EAD to work as they will again ask for the primary applicants status proof. This is my opinion, please seek legal and expert opinion too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X