L2 visa pending 221g requiring new passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa pending 221g requiring new passport

My wife went for a L2 visa interview at US consulate in Mumbai in the 2nd week of January 2012, the interviewing officer gave her a 221g(yellow slip at Mumbai) asking for her to submit a new passport as the photograph on her current passport did not match her appearance ( the photograph on her passport which was taken ~ 8 years back).

In the 221g for he ticked two points :-

Point 1 - Stated that she submit a new passport with updated photograph
    Point 2 - Stated that she should wait for administrative processing and wait for her CEAC barcode to appear in the http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/refuse...ding-visa.html ( refused or pending visa link) and then she needs to submit her passport along with the yellow 221g form.

Now the question is that does she need to wait for her CEAC barcode to appear in the pending or denied link to submit her new passport or should she submit her new passport right away ?

Additionally we got married very recently (2 weeks back) so do you guys think that the interviewing officer is not convinced of the marriage even though he saw the marriage certificate and wants to verify the authenticity of the marriage certificate and the fact that he found the passport photograph old was not the real problem.

Please help!
    Last edited by Aks12321; 01-20-2012, 11:41 AM.

L2 visa pending 221g requiring new passport(URGENT!!)

Whats is your current status? You in US currently? Since when are you on L1? I think if they mentioned that she should submit new passport, she should do that, CEAC websites are not updated regularly. As far as authenticity of marriage is concerned, I dont think the VO would have doubted that or else they would have asked more proof, such as photos etc . L1 and L2 visas have been scrutinized heavily off late. They may be more interested in determining your status/visa validity. This is my opinion, please do consult experts and immigration lawyer too.

Comment

I have been in the US on L1 for little less than 2 years. Where can I hire the immigration lawyers that you suggest I should speak to ?

Comment

Need help urgent!!

Can someone please answer the question

DO we need to wait for the CEAC barcode the appear for my wife to submit her passport or she should go ahead and submit her new passport that she got recently

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X