I-94 date versus L/H Maxout Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 date versus L/H Maxout Date

Currently I am on the L1A visa that expires on 08Sep2012 and my 7-year maxout date is also 08Sep2012. After getting back from my vacation on 31Jan2012, the immigration officer gave me an I-94 card with a date of 29Jan2015.

Does this mean that I can stay beyond 08Sep2012 (maxout date) as I-94 usually dictates your allowed stay in US?
    If I do plan to stay beyond 08Sep2012, would this impact my future applications for green card or new visa after a year?

I-94 date versus L/H Maxout Date

One can stay on L1A for a max period of 7 Years. This mismatch between Visa Dates and I-94 is because they have two different departments, the USCIS and the DHS. Many times DHS In my opinion for your best interest it would be best to consult with your employee's immigration team for the same. On L1A pgettign a green card is much easier then on other visas. Again, thi sis my opinion, do consult experts too.

Comment

The above is somewhat correct, except that by DHS raghvi means CBP. (USCIS and CBP both come under DHS).
      One should not go by I-94 in such cases and depart by the end of 7 years. It can come up later in other applications and create problems. Consult an experienced lawyer.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X