Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa

Hi,

I'm not really sure if this has already been adressed but i'm still going to ask specifically to my case.

I work with a global company and have visited the US before on B1 visa however now my company is helping me apply for an for an L1 along with my wife & child.

I'm currently work as a Lean&Six sigma practitioner for the last 3.5 years in the healthcare domain however my total experience with the same organisation is roughly 11.5 years. My company is helping me apply for an L1-A visa for a long term project for which a petition was applied to USCIS but unfortunately an RFE was issued.

So here are my questions :
    - Is RFE similar to a rejection ?
    - How long does it delay the entire process incase an RFE is issued. ?
    - Will they ask more/different questions now during the interview since the RFE, just incase the petition is approved ?
    - What are the chances that the visa will get granted .. do i need any more specific documents.

Kindly let me know so I can prepare myself accordingly.

Thanking in advance,

Best Regards

Originally posted by GPS View Post
    Hi,

I'm not really sure if this has already been adressed but i'm still going to ask specifically to my case.

I work with a global company and have visited the US before on B1 visa however now my company is helping me apply for an for an L1 along with my wife & child.

I'm currently work as a Lean&Six sigma practitioner for the last 3.5 years in the healthcare domain however my total experience with the same organisation is roughly 11.5 years. My company is helping me apply for an L1-A visa for a long term project for which a petition was applied to USCIS but unfortunately an RFE was issued.

So here are my questions :
    - Is RFE similar to a rejection ?
    Request for Evidence. USCIS wants some more information from your employer before they make a decision.
    - How long does it delay the entire process incase an RFE is issued. ?
    Cannot predict. Depends on how quickly your employer responds and how quickly USCIS processes it. Generally 1 to 2 months.
    - Will they ask more/different questions now during the interview since the RFE, just incase the petition is approved ?
    Not really. Petition filed by your employer with USCIS and Visa application made by you with Consulate/Embassy (Dept of State) are two separate applications. Petition needs to be approved for Visa application, but that is where the relation ends.
    - What are the chances that the visa will get granted .. do i need any more specific documents.
    Nobody can predict. There have been increased cases of both petition and Visa denials for L1 cases recently. But, many people still get it.
    Kindly let me know so I can prepare myself accordingly.

Thanking in advance,

Best Regards
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X