L1 B Expiring in July - Filing for extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B Expiring in July - Filing for extension

Hello - My L1B expires in July 2012 and I have filed for a extension last week, if the extension is not approved. Will I be able to work till July or I have to leave the country after that. Please suggest,

You can stay and work until your I-94 expires.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba - My I-94 expires in December 2013, but here is some thing else which I did not post in my previous question. My employer is asking to visit me India for a business trip ( first three weeks in April), with me going out of my country and if USICS rejects my L1B extension. Will I be able to come in as my VISA is available till July 2012. Please suggest,

Comment

Originally posted by rgupta2 View Post
        Thanks Kabkaba - My I-94 expires in December 2013, but here is some thing else which I did not post in my previous question. My employer is asking to visit me India for a business trip ( first three weeks in April), with me going out of my country and if USICS rejects my L1B extension. Will I be able to come in as my VISA is available till July 2012. Please suggest,
        If your I-94 expires in 2013, there is nothing to extend. What kind of extension has your employer filed? Does it involve shift from blanket to individual or L1B to L1A?
        Yes, travel is not recommended when extension is pending. Consult your employer's lawyer about this. I hope they have an experienced lawyer or otherwise you can consult your own.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba - My i-94 expires in December 2013, but my VISA expires in July 2012. Does that mean no extension is required. But I was told by employer that they need to file for a amendment. Please suggest.

Comment

Extension is not required. They may need amendment if there is a substantial change such as change in location, job responsibilities, pay or blanket to individual, L1B to L1A etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X