L1B extension denied, Valid I94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension denied, Valid I94

Hello, My L1B extension application has been denied but still I have valid I94. Can I stay in US till my valid I94?

Thanks,
    Manu

How long is your I-94 valid? If it is valid for more than 6 months, then why did you file the extension? Technically, you are allowed to stay and work until your I-94 remains valid.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      How long is your I-94 valid? If it is valid for more than 6 months, then why did you file the extension? Technically, you are allowed to stay and work until your I-94 remains valid.
      Yes it is valid. I filed it because my VISA was expired and wanted to come India for vacation. And I needed it for my VISA stamping while coming back to here.

Comment

Well, if you leave the country, then you need a valid L1 petition and a valid L1 visa stamp to reenter. You will have to return all your I-94s when you leave the country. If you deceide to stay, then you can stay and work until your I-94 expiry date.

Originally posted by manunamdev View Post
        Yes it is valid. I filed it because my VISA was expired and wanted to come India for vacation. And I needed it for my VISA stamping while coming back to here.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X