X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding L1b ext filed l2 dependent visa

Hi,

I have a question regarding

My I-94 expired on jan 7th 2012 and Visa Expired on jan 7th 2012.
    My dependents who was on L2 is currently in India. their I-94 and visa also expired

My company applied for L1B Extension. after getting approval What is the best approach for me to get my dependents back here.

I dont intent to go to India at the current situation.

My I-94 expired on jan 7th 2012 and Visa Expired on jan 7th 2012.
    My dependents who was on L2 is currently in India. their I-94 and visa also expired
    >>> What do you mean by their I-94 also expired. If they are out of U.S, then how come they still have their I-94s with them. Didn't they return all their I-94s when the left the country? If not, there will not be proper exit entries against those I-94 and it can cause issues.

My company applied for L1B Extension. after getting approval What is the best approach for me to get my dependents back here.
    >>> They can return back using your extended L1 petition which will get them a new I-94 at the POE matching your petition expiry date. They will need a valid L2 visa to re-enter. If they don't have one, then they need to apply for the visa at the U.S consulate. Once they are inside U.S, they can stay until their I-94 expiry date. You can file their extension when that I-94 is about to expire (Form I-539. It can be filed 6 months prior to the status expiry date).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

hi Shervin,

They submitted their I-94's while leaving the country.

If i Understand you correctly, You mean to say that after getting the approval of my I129 they can apply for L2 visa at US consulate in India with my L1 extension documents right .

Comment

If i Understand you correctly, You mean to say that after getting the approval of my I129 they can apply for L2 visa at US consulate in India with my L1 extension documents right .
        >>> Yes.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X