B1 to L1 Visa Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 to L1 Visa Help

Right away I am Having B1 visa. My company is applying for L1 visa at Chennai. Is it advisable to come india from USA for 2 weeks for stamping & fly back immidiately? Do we need enough gap between landing in India & Visa stamping date. If yes, how much gap is required.
    Also, What are things I need to take care before going for stamping.

Right away I am Having B1 visa. My company is applying for L1 visa at Chennai. Is it advisable to come india from USA for 2 weeks for stamping & fly back immidiately? Do we need enough gap between landing in India & Visa stamping date. If yes, how much gap is required.
    >>> There is no such limitation. You can attend the visa interview anytime after landing in India and once the visa gets approved, you can fly back anytime as long as the petition, visa and passport remains valid.

Also, What are things I need to take care before going for stamping.
    >>> https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/l1/l1docs.html
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

shervin143....Thanks for Help.

I have another question?

In year 2011 I was in USA for 136 days & landed india on 1st week of November. Now, i will be in USA for 60 to 80 days.

Will these cause any issue for L1 interview.

Comment

No issues as long as your mainatined your status properly while you were in U.S. If you were in U.S on B1 and if you have followed the B1 regulations, then no issues. The VO might ask what you did in U.S for 136 days in B1 visa and be prepared to answer that.

Comment

What does mean by B1 status? Can you please elaborate .

Comment

When you said "In year 2011 I was in USA for 136 days & landed india on 1st week of November. Now, i will be in USA for 60 to 80 days. ", in which visa did you enter U.S? IN which visa will you enter U.S now? If it is in B1, then your immigration status for that duration of stay in U.S is B1. When you enter U.S in B1 (Business visa), you cannot activily perform any productive work. You are allowed to participate in meetings, trainings, implemention support etc. Search and read the B1 regulations. As long as you haven't violated the B1 reguilations you are good. If the VO asks what you did in U.S i your previous visit (136 days), you should be in a position to answer that.

Originally posted by mdya View Post
            What does mean by B1 status? Can you please elaborate .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X