Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Stamping for Kid

Hi,

I am in L1 B and I have a Kid with me on L2 as a dependent. We are now in US.

Here are the details.
    My kid passport is going to expires on Feb 1st 2013. Visa is till Oct 2013, but date in I 94 is Feb 2013.

Can some one help me on the procedure and time to apply the passport and then L2 visa stamping and then I 94?

I am planning to go to india this december so i need to get this done well in advance.

Thank you for your suggestions in advance

Narayan

Indian passport can be renewed 1 year prior to the passport expiry date. Passport renewal is easy and fast in U.S compare to India. Looks at the Indian consulate's (in U.S) website for the up-to-date procedure and documents needed to renew the passport. If you are planning to leave the country before all your I-94s expire, then there is nothing much to do to extend the status. Return all the I-94 at the airport when you leave. You will all need a valid visa (L1 for you and L2 for all your dependents) to return back. If you don't have one, then you should apply for the visa at the U.S consulate. At the POE, you all will get the I-94 matching the L1 petition. Make sure all the passports are valid for more than a year.

Check the below link.
    https:///indian-passport-services-in...t-renewal.html
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

L2 Stamping for Kid

Thank you Very much for quick response.

Sorry i need to reframe the question.

I am planning to go to India this December 2012 for a visit. And coming back to US in Jan 2013 (before my Visa expire i.e. Oct 2013.)

In this case do my kid require Visa (current Visa expire date is Oct 2013) stamping.

Comment

You need to get the visa stamped only if you won't have a valid visa in the passport on the day of your return. The visa in the old passport will remain valid even after geting the passport renewed. You will have to carry both the passports when you travel.

Originally posted by Vnabap View Post
        Thank you Very much for quick response.

Sorry i need to reframe the question.

I am planning to go to India this December 2012 for a visit. And coming back to US in Jan 2013 (before my Visa expire i.e. Oct 2013.)

In this case do my kid require Visa (current Visa expire date is Oct 2013) stamping.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X