Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-94 Extension got denied,if I go back to India and tries to re-enter to the US with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Extension got denied,if I go back to India and tries to re-enter to the US with

Hi,

My I-94 will expire on 30-APR-2012, L1-B extn Denied (i-94 Extension) but my L1-B is valid till Mar 2016. I'm currently in US on L1B Visa (Company Transfer).

Issue:

First time I came to USA on APR-2011 and went back to India on OCT-2011. Again I came in US in DEC 2011 and my passport was expiring in APR 2012, so the immigration officer gave me I-94 validity till APR 2012. Now I renewed my new passport at Chicago Indian Embassy. My company filed a L1 extn (for i-94 extension), my company received a RFE on L1 extn (for i-94 extension),. My company replied to RFE on Mar 15, 2012.On 28-Mar-2012, I received an email from USCIS that my L1-B extn (for i-94 extension) has been denied.

My Company answer:

Since your Extension of Status was denied by USCIS, citing lack of specialized knowledge, you need to exit the US as soon as possible. As per our in-house legal counsel, if you try to re-enter to the US with your existing visa, there is a chance that you will not be allowed entry- since the underlying petition for this visa has been denied- in spite of the fact that you continue to hold an L1 visa, valid till 2016 and holds a blanket petition.

Need clarifications:

1) Can I go back to India and return to USA using my existing valid visa? At the time I will get the new i-94? Or I need to apply fresh L1-B visa?

2) At the time of coming back to USA, POE (Port Of Entry) will ask any questions about my i-94 extension denial?

3) Is there any change, I will not be re-entering into USA?

4) I-94 Extension got denied but L1-B valid visa, if I go back to India and tries to re-enter to the US with your existing visa, is there a chance that I will not be allowed entry?

Kindly request you please help to clarify my above query

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Subbu

Hi,

Anyone please answer to my question?

Regards
    Subbu

Comment

I think that there will be no issue in entering with the visa and blanket petition. But, since your employer is not willing to do that, I think you should consult an attorney and seek advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X