Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b and L2 Visa stamping in canada

Hi,

My L1b and spouse L2 extension is recently approved and we are planning to visit Canada for stamping.

I heard that visa renewal can be done at Canada. But here is my question. We applied for extension on 20 Dec 2011. Visa and I-94 expired on 29 Jan 2012. Extension approved on Apr 2.

I read an article in immihelp about stamping in Canada and i noticed that when someone is out of status then it is not advisable to go to Canada. I want to understand if we are out status between 29 Jan 2012 and APR 2 and also if it is good to go to Canada for stamping.

We have valid I-94 now. Please help.

Thanks!

Was your extension of status filed before your previous I-94 expiry date? If yes, then you were never out of status as the extension got approved. You are all good to attend the visa interview @ Canada.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Yes my extension was applied before I-94 expiry. Thanks for your reply

Comment

Check your and dependants' approval notice, there should be a receipt date. If it is a date prior to your/dependants' previous I94 expiry date, then you are all good.

Comment

Hi npic,

I am in the same boat. Got extension approved...thinking of getting stamping done in Canada.

Do you have any details about the rejection rate or Do usually Indians get Stamping done in Canada?

I am asking because, US website says that it is recommended to get stamping done in your home country.

Please share whatever information you have.

Appreciate your reponse.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X