Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 extension approval before L1

Hi All,

My company has applied for L1 extension(for me) and L2 extension( for my spouse) 2 weeks before . I got a letter( form i797c) with the approval notice for extension only for L2. But when I checked the site online it says it is in initial review.

I want to know how L2 is approved before L1.? And it mean L1 will also get approved ?

Please reply.......

Don't count on the status on the online case tracking system. They are not updated accurately all the time.

There are cases where the dependent petitions have approved before the primary applicants petition. It doesn't really mean that the primary application is also approved. Each application is processed independently and sometime the primary application gets processed later. You will have to wait for the actual approval from USCIS rather than assuming that it is approved just because the L2 is approved. But since the L2 got approved, the chances of the L1 approval is high as the documents submitted might be in order.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I am on the same boat as yours. Did you get any update on the L1 status?

Comment

Originally posted by jhcalifornia View Post
        I am on the same boat as yours. Did you get any update on the L1 status?
        Hi,

I am in the same boat. Has anyone faced similar issue and what was the resolution?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X